What is Telehealth?
Telehealth services use videoconferencing to allow clients to access and participate in speech pathology sessions. This may include assessment, therapy, parent education and parent training.
Speech Pathology Australia supports the use of telehealth as a service delivery model where it is based on current evidence-based practice…
What equipment/resources do you need to participate in a telehealth session?
- Computer/Laptop; iPad or Smartphone – that has an in-built (or external) microphone and webcam (video camera) and speakers
- Stable internet connection
What are the fees?
The consultation fees are the same as our in-clinic fees.
Do different funding streams support the use of telehealth for speech pathology?
- NDIS: Clients being served under NDIS, regardless of how their plan is managed, may receive speech pathology services through telehealth
- Medicare and DVA: No, these do not currently include speech pathology. Speech Pathology Australia is working to include telehealth as a service provision alongside face to face consultations.
- Private Insurance: It depends. Private insurers may cover speech pathology telehealth services on a case-by-case basis. Clients are advised to contact individual insurers.
(Information derived from FAQs – Telepractice in Speech Pathology Page 3 /4: Speech Pathology Australia Association of Australia Ltd)
Psychology Services for Adults
We are pleased to recommend our Registered Psychologist colleagues from EVOLVE WELLBEING for telehealth consultations.
PHONE: 07 3823 4446
Please note these telehealth services are for adolescents and adults only.