Our clinicians have supplementary training, to consistently achieve communication goals for children with various developmental delays and disabilities.
Talking Heads Speech Pathology is a registered early intervention service provider with FaHCSIA for;
* Helping Children with Autism
* Better Start for Children with a Disability: For vision and hearing impairment, Fragile X, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Prader Willi Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Kabuki Syndrome, Smith– Magenis Syndrome, CHARGE Syndrome, Cornelia de Lange Syndrome, Cri du Chat Syndrome or Microcephaly.
* National Disability Insurance Scheme; we are currently registered providers with the NDIS which was rolled out in our area in July 2017.
For more information on how the NDIS can help with Early Childhood Intervention, click here.
If you need help working out what step you are up to in the NDIS process, click here or contact us today on 9553 1400.
Our clinical team is exceptional in maintaining and applying the latest clinical diagnostic and intervention strategies. The clinic is also known for being rich in resources and developing creative, holistic and individualised client management programs, ensuring each client successfully achieves their potential.
The clinic’s assessment process for children with diagnoses such as Autism Spectrum Disorder is very thorough, detailed and holistic; using a format that maintains the clinic to be working within a framework of evidence based best practice.
High quality therapy/ intervention is delivered consistently within a collaborative approach together with families and other allied professionals.
Intervention programs incorporated into therapy include:
- DIR Floortime
- Hanen “It Takes Two to Talk”
- Hanen “More than Words”
- Picture Exchange Communication Systems (PECS)
- Sign Language
- Connect Therapy
- Sensory Processing Approach to Challenges Associated with Autism, ADHD, Learning and Behavioural Differences
- ABA Principles
Personalised high and low tech AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) are also devised as required.
Home/ School/ Preschool Consultations form an important aspect of our service delivery.
Language Groups and Social Skills groups are conducted for children of various ages. Groups are allocated according to the individual’s specific therapy goals and functional needs. Contact the clinic to register your interest.
Allied Health Colleagues
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY services are available through Janine Painter Occupational Therapy who form part of a consortium with Talking Heads Speech Pathology. To schedule an appointment, contact Janine on: 02 9524 2566 or 0403 077 838.
PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES are available through Kids Konnect Psychological Services who form part of a consortium with Talking Heads Speech Pathology. To schedule an appointment, contact Briget Gurton on: 0415 312 285 or visit the website at www.kidskonnect.com.au.